Saturday, December 19, 2009

What do I want to be when I grow up

Many of my classmates want to be pilots, or firefighters, or even police officials. I for one want to be a construction worker. You know, those hardworking guys in hard hats, transforming barren land into shiny high rises.

For years, I have had this fascination of construction. Be it wood, cement or blocks, or the sheer magical architectural design or pithy civil engineering, I think construction is the key to development. I mean look at China. From 2001, Beijing has undergone a construction boom and now it is ready for the Olympics.

I met a friend of mine, Jim, who is a Los Angeles general contractor. I asked him about the work hours, the pay, the risks and of course the rewards. It seems he is as goofy as me when it comes to contractor work. We pored over his next project – a kitchen remodel Los Angeles gig. The countertops, the cabinetry, the flooring, we spent countless hours discussing about them.

Whether it is a Los Angeles bathroom remodeling project or a Riverside general contracting work, I dream of creating construction classics. Who knows, maybe one day I will be in HG TV? Let my firefighter and pilot friends dream of that!

This is a freelance writeup and is a work of fiction

General Contractors Los Angeles - Cardinal Bay Construction Inc. affordable Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Room Addition, Custom Home Development, and Patio Construction in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment